Last 7 days Popular Posts

Friday, April 27, 2012

Favourite Furniture Fridays: Michaela Noelle Designs

Hello to The Designer Lifestyle readers! I'm Michaela and I share my life as an interior design student and lover of all things lavender and pretty over at Michaela Noelle Designs. I'm thrilled to be over here today showing off one of my favorite pieces of furniture.

At the beginning of last school year, I moved into a new house with some friends in Seattle.  Turns out that the room I would be living in is really the dining room of the house, so I had a serious transformation on my hands! I decided to try not to buy any furniture from "standard" superstores {target, ikea, etc} and instead, hunt for the perfect furniture at flea markets and consignment shops. I found my dresser at a local Seattle consignment store and took it home, only to stare it at for a few days blankly. It needed something. New knobs were a must- but it was calling for something else to make it really sparkle.

My love for chevron is very apparent if you pop over to my blog, so I decided to take my favorite pattern and paint it on my dresser. After a few hours of measuring, taping, painting, touching up and adding knobs, here's my favorite dresser:
 
While some may feel chevron is overdone or trendy, I beg to differ and happen to think it will be here for a long while! It's one of the earliest patterns to be created, and just adds a touch of zig-zag to the ever-classic stripe. Have I convinced you yet?! :)

Thank you, Tiffany, for having me here today!
xo
Photobucket

Michaela is one of my fave bloggers! She is so down to earth, and talented (clearly!). Please give her some love! Thanks so much for sharing girl!
If you have a piece of furniture that you'd like to share, please e-mail me at thedesignerlifestyle@gmail.com
xo Tiffany leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...