Last 7 days Popular Posts

Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Finds

Here are a few Friday finds I thought were worth mentioning!  These are Craig's List finds around the Birmingham, Alabama.  But, I am confident you can find similar deals in your area if you just search and keep an open mind to alternative uses when you find a piece at the right price.  

Small Buffet/Bar Server

This is a great piece that is very versatile and at $99.00 it's a steal of a deal.  The piece is a small buffet server, but you could easily use it as a bed side table in your master or even a bar/server in a den.  

If I were going to us this as a bar/server, I would change out the hardware to something bolder.  Maybe this for a traditional look. 
  
Or this for a more modern look. 



Vanity/ Child's Desk

This piece is $75.00 (I would offer $50) and then paint the entire piece and add a piece of glass to the top for a hollywood glam look.     

Pair of Twin Beds

Here is a basic pair of twin beds for $100.  The lines are curvy and feminine and have tons of potential.  Again, these could be painted any color or you could have pretty slipcovers made (that tie on the sides) and possibly include a monogram.   

 Here is picture of the slipcover I had in mind.


Armoire/Desk  

This armoire is a bit rough; but if you could get it for $100.00 [they are asking $150], you would have a bargain on your hands.  I think this would look great in a bedroom or it could be repurposed as a desk. 


I would repaint the entire piece Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige which comes off a bit more caramel than my computer screen is showing.  Then I would add a high gloss lacquer to finish the piece.
Then I would add these long pulls to the front to really bring the piece back to life.


I hope this little shopping excursion has inspired you!  Have a great weekend. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...