Last 7 days Popular Posts

Monday, August 22, 2011

Those Extra Little Touches Add Up

I recently surfed across this picture; and although the blogger was discussing something totally different about the image, I stopped in my tracks on how the mirror was hung.

So, I starting thinking . . . this would work in so many different places where you want the artwork to have more impact.  

Look at this divine example.
 Hard to tell, but I think it's actually hanging from the frame of the mirror.

I love the layered look in this image on a wall of mirrors.

Hard to tell from this one, but I think the small starburst mirror is actually suspended from chain on all four sides.

I think the chain adds tons of interest to an otherwise basic artwork installation. 

Another fabulous example of this idea - a mirror on a mirror.


Well, needless to say, I was smitten with the idea; and since it is such an inexpensive detail, I had to have my own! 

Here's the Before . . . (sorry for the glare, you know I am not a photographer).  This is a wall in my living room that  has never really seemed "finished" to me.  Sort of feels like you need  a piece of furniture underneath the artwork.

And the After . . . 

It was such an easy DIY project - took all of about 25 minutes.  And now it feels like gallery artwork and the wall feels "finished."
This is all I have time for today. But promise, later this week, to post a tutorial on how to do this and where to find the materials to make it happen in your house!  Have a great day. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...