Last 7 days Popular Posts

Friday, August 26, 2011

The Unicorn

There are a handful of items always in the back of my mind when I source furnishings for a project.  One such item, the alabaster tulip lamp, has haunted me for years.  Well, this week, I actually found one of my unicorns!  I was shopping with a very stylish client who has an amazing eye for treasures.  We were chatting and turned the corner in a local consignment shop.  Just then, a beam of light shot down as if we were watching a broadway show (ok, just kidding, but we did spot it at the exact same time).  

Here's what we saw . . .

It's a vintage brass bar cart and the price?!  $98.00 - I still can hardly believe it.  So, here's the conversation:
Me: Do you see what I see?
Client:  Uh, Yeah?!
Me: What is it doing in here?
Client: Better question, What's the price?
Me(looking at the tag): Is that right?!
Client: What is it?
Me (almost in a whisper): $98!!!! Quick, pull the tag before it gets scooped up.
Client: By who?! We're the only people in here you nut?
Me: I don't care!  Take the tag, hurry before they change their minds!!
Client:  I know I need it.  Should I get it?  Is it the right size?  Do you think it's too brassy?  What do you think?
Me: If you don't get, I will.  
Client: Done. 

So, we took our little prize, and here is where he now lives (yes, this was our quick attempt at styling it before we ran off to grab some lunch).  Hopefully, you get the idea.  If you're not into cocktails, non-alcoholic offerings would also look fantastic served from this little spot.  Or, you could even use it to show off some beautiful desserts. 



And just for fun, here are a few more inspirational examples . . . 

This fabulous roundup of carts is from Ash of A Dash Of Ash.  Very fun! 


I love the contrast of the very traditional artwork and the funky chandelier in brass coupled with the silver bar cart and accessories - very unexpected. 

Love it as a side table. 


Perfect in this little spot.

As you begin your weekend, my wish for you is that you find your own unicorns (whatever they may be).  Enjoy your time off!!! M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...