Last 7 days Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm Freaking Out

By what, you ask? Well, I bought some fabrics when I was in Atlanta that I wanted to use to wrap like a canvas as art for my booth. So I have been asking my carpenter to make some "frames" for me. Well, he and his wife just had a baby so he's been a lil busy or some BS like that. So I'm doing my best to be patient realizing that my art is not as important as bringing new life into this world...yada, yada, yada. So in one of my hunting and fishing trips to my local Habitat for Humanity Resale Store I came across these...






No, I'm not kidding. Two wood frames, the exact size I needed. It's like the decorating God heard my prayers and sent them down from heaven just for me. Here is one of them completed...


Do I always have this kind of luck? No. But sometimes, maybe every five years or so I go searching for one particular thing and stumble upon it. When I first got into design, I wanted a drafting table. I had no money so I went to my local Goodwill and literally found one. It was set up flat and it was holding a bunch of lamps but gosh darnit, it was a drafting table! Then another time I wanted a metal table for my porch so I went to Habitat and there was a zinc metal table just sitting there...with the sun glistening off of it like it was beckoning me! If you can believe it...I passed on that one! I know, I know. I think I was in shock. It was almost too good to be true. That one still haunts me at night. Actually, excuse me as I take a moment of silence for that beautiful zinc table.


Ok, moving on...


I was in Lowe's the other day and saw these...


If you are a loyal reader you know I love anything zinc or galvanized AND anything with circles. So I have been trying to come up with something to make with them. Well, looky what I found on Pinterest!


I mean, who climbed inside my head to create this? I'm in love.


P.S. My apologies to anyone who follows me on Pinterest...I was under the weather yesterday and laid up on the sofa just pinning away. Your box is going to be full of all my pins. Hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...