Last 7 days Popular Posts

Friday, May 20, 2011

Project in Progress - Stairwell Lighting

So, yesterday I gave you a run down on my thoughts on stairwell lighting.  I mentioned I was working on lighting for a client's renovation.  
I thought you might like to see what we selected for her stairwells.

Since we were dealing with stairwells that were dark and a bit narrow, we decided to go with wall sconces.  I first found this fixture and thought it would work perfectly in the space.  It's the right style and has a really low profile.  It's also simple with a current look.

These are $265 each and we needed 6 of them (three for each stairwell).  So, we're talking around $1,600.00 for lighting.  These are beautiful with leather detailing, but our goal was to provide light with low profile simple sconces, not make a statement with the lighting (or the price). 

So, in comes one of my favorite lighting resources, Lamps Plus.  You have to dig a bit, but you can find some amazing deals.  Here's the look-a-like we ended up going with for her project.
These are $60.99 each. So, a total of  $365.94 for all the stairwell lighting!  The key element - same exact profile measurements (juts out only 4" from the wall).  Man, I love a good deal!! 

Btw, it also comes in a double light if you are looking for a brighter fixture.

I hope you have a great weekend.  We are having some wonderful weather here in Birmingham, and the count down has begun for the last day of school - only one week left!  We will be out enjoying our weekend.  I hope you do the same. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...