Last 7 days Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One room 2 Looks with: Hi Sugarplum!

What a fun "job" it is to be a blogger in this day and age. I get to meet amazing ladies through cyberspace everyday! I don't think I ever had so many "friends".  One lover in particular is Cassie, blogger extrordinare from the lovely Hi Sugarplum!. I know if we lived in the same zipcode or state for that matter we would be pals. Probably drinking pals that just blab about fabric but still, pals nonetheless. I am happy to have her showing us her "one room 2 ways" today. She is so smart she thought outside the box and chose her backyard room. What a smartypants!

Go visit and follow her if you don't already
***********

Hey guys! I'm Cassie from Hi Sugarplum! I think Amber, her blog and her skillz are amazeballs (stalker, much?), so I'm super excited she asked me to participate in her series! I think I'm cooler by default, if only for today.
When Amber asked me to show "One Room, Two Ways," I immediately thought of my current favorite 'room' in the house...our backyard! When the temperatures rise and the sun is shining, you'll find our family hanging out back.
Picnik collage
(Disclaimer: This shot is from last Summer, things haven't advanced this much yet.)
Most weekends we eat out on the porch. This is how it might look for a family-friendly afternoon cook-out.

100_4397
Disposable plates and napkins, fun straws and a mix of backyard treasures for the centerpiece.
day picnic
But when the sun sets and the kids are stashed tucked in bed, it's liquor Mommy/Daddy Time!

outdoor night party
Twinkle lights and lots of candles set a relaxed and romantic mood. Common elements rounded up from our indoor decor make for a great centerpiece, and help keep things in place if the wind kicks up.
Picnik collage
I like to use real flatware and linens so the evening is a bit more polished, but still mix in melamine dishes and stemware so no one has to be too careful.
Picnik collage
I don't know which way I like better, but I know this room will get lots of use in the coming months! Amber, the table is all set for you and the Duck....fly South baby!

*****
Thanks Cassie! Love the birdcage filled with plants and the great seagrass placemats! Thanks for all your images and deets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...