Last 7 days Popular Posts

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Inexpensively done!

I adore one of a kind pieces of art, the only issue for me is the budget. Would I love to scoop up every piece of art at my favorite gallery? You bet, but that's not an option right now. {I'm saving for my bungalow by the sea, remember?}. It will be an amazing feeling when I can buy an original but for now I get creative.

Here are some of my favorite ways to inexpensively incorporate art into your home.




1. Image one: Purchase from a budding artist
The adorable dog photo is my newest piece. The students at Endicott College recently had an art show. I fell in love with that dog and I knew my son would too.  I bought this photo from an art student, students are always up for selling their pieces.

The top image was purchased from a street artist in Saint Tropez. I always try to purchase at least one original piece when I travel. Besides taking photos it's the perfect way to preserve the memory of your trip.

2. Image two: #3 - Paint your own work of art.
This was originally a four that I had painted back in September. One of the first things I did after my break-up in October was to change it to a three! I actually like the three better. I will keep this forever as reminder of my crazy and unexpected journey in 2010. Seven months is a relatively short period of time, but I'm a different person today then I was last Fall!

3. Image three: Frame children's artwork - It's loose and free, I love it.
 A snap shot of my art wall. This wall is a mix of pieces, it includes two paintings by my three year old son!


4. Image four: Frame a piece of block printed wrapping paper or any other found graphic you love.
I've always loved the organic quality of Faux Bois. I purchased this paper with the intention of wrapping a gift, but I decided to frame it instead. p.s. Ikea sells a number of inexpensive frames, that
is what I've used in this photo.

5.  Image five: Shop on Etsy for art. It is an amazing online resource.
I blogged about this print a couple of months ago. It's from Siiso via Etsy. She will also make custom prints on canvas. 






Images: 2,3,4 -by Bellini Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...