Last 7 days Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weekend Highlights (Random Stuff)

We took a quick trip to my parents' house in Mississippi over the weekend.  It was such a nice little get-a-way, and the weather was absolutely beautiful.  In fact, I noticed trees with tons of buds on them.  It felt like Spring.  Hopefully, we have seen the last of the bitter cold weather here in the South (OK, I hear the laughter from those of you who actually have "bitter" weather!) 

Here are few things we did while at my parents.  We ate (a lot)!  Nothing like some home cooking!  It's such a treat to have someone else cook for you, and my Mom is an excellent cook.  She treated us to pulled pork BBQ sandwiches for one meal and the last night we had a divine venison roast with vegetables and rice.  It was delicious!  

Also, I took a little trip to my parents' attic and guess what I found?!  

You guessed it . . . some brass!  I knew there would be something interesting up there.  (I decided to take my own advice and take a look)
I am sure that once I get candles for these, they will have to live somewhere else since the TV viewing will be blocked, but at least you get an idea as to my find.

Also, my uncle stopped by with these beautiful green eggs.


I am not sure of the type of chickens he has producing these, but the eggs are really impressive.  They are organic and make the best omelets on the planet! I brought a dozen back with me to Birmingham.

  

I also did a little shopping and picked up this makeup I've been dying to try.  It's a tinted moisturizer (rather than a base).  It starts out a creamy greenish/blue (looks like any ordinary moisturizer) and then tints to the perfect tone for your skin!  I have no idea how it does this, but it works.  Here's the product. 

 I am sure many manufacturers have this product in their line, so you should definitely check into your favorites for something similar.  I love that it's so light and does not cake into the fine lines around my eyes and mouth (yes, I have fine lines).  It will definitely be my "go to" makeup for the summer since it almost looks as if you are not wearing anything.  It also has an 15 SPF in it for sun protection.  Love it! 

Hope your week is off to a great start.  M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...