Last 7 days Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

All Lacquered Up!

lac·quer n.

1. Any of various clear or colored synthetic coatings made by dissolving nitrocellulose or other cellulose derivatives together with plasticizers and pigments in a mixture of volatile solvents and used to impart a high gloss to surfaces.
2. A glossy, resinous material, such as the exudation of the lacquer tree, used as a surface coating.
3. A finish that is baked onto the inside of food and beverage cans. 


tr.v. lac·queredlac·quer·inglac·quers
1. To coat with lacquer.
2. To give a sleek, glossy finish to.


What is this obsession we have for all things lacquered?  Now listen, I am not being critical.  Mind you - I love the stuff - the sheen and sparkle it adds to a room, the slick feel of a lacquered item under your fingertips, and the pure glam it gives a space.  Truly, I don't know what we did before we had it?!  

But, just asking . . .  have we taken it too far? (Or as far as it will go?)  I mean, really, what have we not slapped a coat of this stuff on?

Lacquered Walls







In every color imaginable. 




Lacquered Ceilings


My fav. I just go "Ahhhh" when I see a lacquered ceiling.  How could you not like it?!?


Even with an antler chandelier! (for heaven's sake)

This one is so well done, that I can see the reflection of the art on the ceiling!  You could lie on your back on that sofa and put your makeup on!

Lacquered Furniture
Not only is it hollywood glamorous, it is kid proof to the 10th degree and never seems to go out of style. 

Putting lacquer with mirrors (oh my) like peanut butter and jelly - a match made in heaven. 

And from the King of lacquer himself . . . Mr. Adler.

Lacquered Lamps
 Did I mention that lacquer has been taken in the modern direction and in traditional venues as well.  Like this lamp.



Lacquered Accessories
These are especially great.  They give you the look for a lot less than a large furniture piece.  




Lacquered Fabrics?(you ask?)

Oh yes.  It has already been done. 







Lacquered Pets & Children

Just kidding . . . As far as I know this has not yet been done.  But, at any moment I am guessing?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...