Last 7 days Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Slumbers: Bedroom Facelift

Tah-dah! The mirrors have settled into their new home...


Once the new mirrors were painted and hung, I decided that I wanted to change up the room a little. I guess I'm feeling fresh and summery and was looking for a brighter space! I really love the color of the mirrors, it is so cheerful. To compliment the green mirrors, I bought some ikat pillow covers in a coral and ivory pattern from eBay, and I absolutely LOVE them! 

A perfect bit of unexpected color...


I originally only bought a pair so I could decide on more if I liked the quality (they were coming all the way from Uzbekistan and I had no idea what they'd be like in person). Such a great purchase (seriously, you can't beat $30 for the pair!), and thus there are more in the works for my living room. ;) Lastly, I swapped out our duvet cover for our old ivory one. Such easy changes (and cheap!), but the room feels new and fresh!

~The Before~

{sorry about the white balance in this photo, should have fixed it!}

~The After~


So, back to the mirrors! We were worried they were going to be overpowering, as they looked HUGE when we hung the first one. But, once they were both in place, I was pretty smitten. What do you think?

PS. This room is a great example of how you don't need to spend a lot of $ to freshen up a space.
     Mirrors - $20/pair at estate sale
     Paint - $10
     Pillow covers - $30/pair
     Duvet cover - $0 from linen closet
     Heavy-duty 75-lb picture hooks - $6/pair....did I mention how heavy those things are and that I live in earthquake country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...