Last 7 days Popular Posts

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday Special

This summer was so busy with weddings, bachelorette parties and work taking me all over the country. I wanted to feature a couple of amazing stores that I shopped while away from home...

Like HUZZA in Harbor Springs, MI....



While in northern Michigan recently, for a dear friend's wedding, I walked into HUZZA on Main Street. This place calls itself a lifestyle store and it's mission is to offer customers the very best shopping experience. I don't tend to spend much time on fashion (since any money I do have goes towards my furniture fetish!) but if I had the cash, I would buy an entire wardrobe from this place. But on to more important matters, the furnishings...


Just beautiful pieces like this ivory lacquer and gold trim bar cart, above, which is just beyond stylish and makes you want to have a bar cart even if you never did before.... Or this shagreen (are you taking vocab notes from our MEANINGful Mondays blogs!) dresser below. I think it is accessorized perfectly and I love the fiddle fig plant in the seagrass basket planter. The



Another amazing store is AERO in New York City...


Absolutely gorgeous, unique furnishings, one of a kind pillows, luxe fabrics, rugs and beautiful accessories that I'd absolutely love to own.


I am usually kind of focused when I'm working so sadly I only have photos of these rattan baskets (Thomas O'Brien apparently loves using the baskets for his projects so they rarely go on sale) but if you are looking for a particular shape/size... this store is for you!



And lastly for today is DAVID STYPMANN also in New York City...


This vintage/antique store is located at 190 Sixth Ave, on the corner of Sixth and Vandam. It was literally a treasure chest of cool vintage finds from New England to New Delhi... awesome oil paintings, lamps and accessories for less-than-expected NYC prices. A great spot for interior designers looking for a cool find or the savvy shopper. The store next door, JOEL J. MATHIESON is a great stop for vintage oil paintings too!


Have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...