Last 7 days Popular Posts

Monday, October 18, 2010

Let's go Craig's Listings - Chairs

I did a quick look at Craig's list in the Birmingham area over the weekend and found these chairs.  They are channel back chairs with an art deco look - tons of potential with these.

http://bham.craigslist.org/atq/1931617517.html
$200.00 for the pair

They look a lot like this chair from 1st Dibbs which is $3,400.00 a chair.

http://1stdibs.com/furniture_item_detail.php?id=451506

And a good upholsterer, could make the backs look more like this Jonathan Adler chair which is $1,200.00 a chair.

http://www.jonathanadler.com/Haines-Chair-starting-at/?cat=361&initial=

Here's what I would do with these. First,  I would leave the channel backs in tact (I think it has a real vintage feel).  Then, I would reupholster them in this fabric.

$13.95 a yard (takes about 8 yards a chair)

For an informal space, I would pick up a pair of these lumbar pillows to put in each chair.  They are chenille, but look similar to a cut velvet and the modern design will go great with the art deco chairs.
$22.50 each

For a more formal space, like a living room, I would pick up a pair of these for the chairs.  Again, these pillows have some textured with a raised pattern(reminds me of a crewel fabric). 
$49.00 each

Once complete, I would put them in a bedroom, reading nook, or pair with them with a sofa in the family room.  The options are endless for a pair of great neutral chairs.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...