Last 7 days Popular Posts

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Single Girl and Style

I love watching old movies from the 40's, 50's and 60's. Not only is it a joy to watch such amazing actors with successful careers before my time, but the clothing and set designs bring me great pleasure and inspiration to my work.

A few days ago I watched the 1964 film Sex and the Single Girl with Natalie Wood, Tony Curtis and Henry Fonda. Natalie Wood is absolutely adorable playing a young, beautiful psychologist whose written a book about sex and the single girl.

Her black and white office is as sophisticated as she is. Not only does Natalie Wood show some leg in the movie, the furniture throughout each set shows a quite a bit of leg in fact.




















The classic black and white stripes work perfectly on the window treatments, chair and the chaise lounge her clients lay on while the psychologist listens to her patients.




I put together a bedroom and Office in black and white with furniture and accessories found present day from Hickory Chair, Global Views and CR Laine. I added a few more black and white patterned fabrics just for a little added texture rather than just the black and white stripes seen in the movie.





























I hope you find inspiration to watch the movie if you have not seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...