Last 7 days Popular Posts

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Trend Alert

Elle Decor has declared that pastels are "in" - not my absolute favorite when used all together, but I think I could definitely mix them in in small bits. I do, however, really love these beautiful green and gold rimmed dishes by Anna Weatherley.



Designed by Patricia Urquiola, the Mandarin Oriental Barcelona opened in November, and low and behold, PASTELS! And, I love it. Not only do the pale blue, turquoise, yellow, orange, purple and cremes look soft, relaxing and beautiful together, but the architectural details turned out fabulous. The airy, net-like screen is my favorite part, and I can just imagine the wonderful things it does with lighting and shadows.


{It's a bit hard to see the true beauty of the colors in this photo, if you have the April issue of Elle Decor, check out page 52}

After researching the rest of the hotel, I found these other photos. I want to take a trip here, Barcelona is on my list ya know!



Being such a fan of architectural screens, I can't help but admire all these gold ones. They are a perfect reference to the hotel's Asian influence, yet in a modern and interesting way.


These rooms look amazing too! Good sleeps would be had! Something about white in a hotel room is high on my list of favs. I feels clean both visually and physically...


Here is a great example of the light shows created by all the decorative screening. I'm sure everything tastes better while eating in a space like this...



And after all my potential sight-seeing, I wouldn't have a problem having a drink on this rooftop patio, or taking a swim in this dark, cave-like pool...




Off to inform my husband about our next getaway! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...