Last 7 days Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Design Perspective - Anna Evans Architect

I often get emails from friends who are smitten with interior design and architecture and want to bring certain people to my attention.  Honestly, I'm not sure I could post half of what I do without their tips and links to amazing properties.  This is one of those examples.  A great friend sent me the link to Anna Evans architecture firm here in Birmingham, Alabama.  Well, suffice it to say, she's uber talented.  Just look at her work, and I think you'll agree. 

These tudor style homes are very popular here in Birmingham.  
It really is one of the prettiest cities in the South.

But what I think makes Anna's work a bit different, in a very refreshing way, are the small modern details she has included just to punch it up.  Notice the super sleek modern glass railing she has included on this traditional style home.  So interesting.  Not to mention the red shutter in the picture above. 

Also, I love the asian inspired gutter chains seen in the left of this picture.

Just look at that ceiling - elegant and rustic all at the same time.  I also love those doors with the 24 window panes 3/4 of a way down! Total statement. 



LOVE the chandelier she's included over this kitchen island - trying to convince a client as we speak to do one large chandelier rather than pendants.  If this example does not persuade . . . 

OK, so I'm clicking through the images and stop on this one.  
First, Anna is just as talented with interior design as she is with architecture.  But, as I looked at the image, it hit me!! 

I've been in this house. . . . 

The homeowner and I hosted a baby shower in her home for a mutual friend last Spring!! 

Afterwards, I tried to describe this house to several friends and words just could not express the feel of this home.  I even thought, it really needs to be photographed (too funny)! My favorite thing about this room are the valances on the window treatments.  I am all about a basic neutral panel as this will never become dated in a space, but how clever to use a current fabric for the valance.  Also, since it is only a valance, you will save a ton of money and get the look.  Love this idea.  

So, now I have the images to share with them and you too!  Isn't it fresh and lovely?  The homeowners are young and have small children.  I think it is the perfect mix of adult traditional yet still fun and hip. 

Love the gallery wall, pendant and the roman shade in linen on the french doors. 



If you have time, do click over and see her portfolio.  It's quite the "pick me up" on a Tuesday!! M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...