Last 7 days Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wallpaper "Cahier d'ecriture"

My latest coup de coeur is this Cahier d'ecriture wallpaper. I met the designer Genevieve at the party organised by Paumes for the launch of London Family Style in which Genevieve and I both featured. As we got talking in French (she is Swiss), she was telling me about the new wallpaper she was working on and without having seen anything, I had the feeling that I would like it. That was back in September 2010...
Fast-forward 10 months later and here we go! Genevieve's wallpaper is ready! She found a supplier that could finally do it on a durable, washable material and the result is fantastic and pretty much what I had in mind! Guts feelings huh!
So, I'm very happy to add this to our collection of wallpapers which are great to create feature walls because I really like how this wallpaper creates a feature on top of the stairs, or a cupboard and makes something visually more interesting without being overpowering.
I also love the retro look of these letters. My mum has a few old school notebooks where she was practising writing like this. It's just so much nicer. I think I have been on computer since my twenties and frankly as a result, my writing is getting really awful...and I get impatient how slow I'm writing compared to how quickly I can type! Do you get that?
Anyway...the Cahier d'ecriture wallpaper comes in two widths and I hope you'll like it!



Mon dernier coup de coeur est le papier peint Cahier d'ecriture. J'ai rencontre la designer Genevieve au lancement de London Family Style organise par Edition Paumes (nos maisons sont dans le livre). Et alors que nous papotions en Francais (elle est Suisse), Genevieve me parlait de ce nouveau papier-peint sur lequel elle travaillait et sans avoir rien vu, j'ai eu le sentiment que ca me plairait. C'etait en Septembre dernier...
Fast-forward 10 mois plus tard et voila! le papier peint de Genevieve est pret! Elle a enfin pu trouve un fabricant qui pouvait fabriquer ce design sur un support durable et lavable et le resultat est fantastic et a peu pres ce que javais en tete! Guts feelings huh!
Donc je suis ravie d'ajouter ce design a notre collection de papiers peints parce que j'aime beaucoup comment le papier peint Cahier d'ecriture cree un feature wall en haut des escaliers, sur un placard et ajoute quelque chose de visuellement interessant sans en mettre plein la tete.
J'aime beaucoup aussi le look retro de ces lettres. Ma mere a des vieux cahiers d'ecole ou elle apprenait a ecrire comme cela. C'est beaucoup plus joli. Moi ca fait 20 ans que je travaille sur ordi et franchement mon ecriture devient tres moche ...et en plus ca m'agace d'ecrire parce que je tape beaucoup plus vite! Ca vous arrive aussi?
Donc en bref..le papier peint Cahier d'ecriture est dispo en 2 largeurs et j'espere qu'il vous plaira!

This post is brought to you by Allianz.com.au – Home Insurance in Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...