Last 7 days Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

If You Build Your House On Sand

I was catching up on some interior design reading a couple of nights ago and saw this in the most recent issue of Coastal Living.
June 2011 Coastal Living

Believe it or not, this really is someone's home, not just some crazy styling for an outdoor furniture advertisement.  The home is in Portugal in the town of Comporta which is a rural area described as "wild beaches full of birds and dolphins."  The exterior of the home is made of straw that grows in the area, and the flooring is heated concrete with a nice thick layer of beach sand on top (so it's warm and toasty in the winter months).
Their children play indoors with pails and shovels (no, really).  My favorite line, "A cleaning lady comes in: she goes over the sand with a big rake."  I truly have so many questions here.  I can just see my children hiding their half eaten sandwich in the middle of the room.  Also, I guess you would really need to consider that annoying "no glass bottles" rule at most beaches.

I would love your thoughts!?  If this won't get you to comment, then nothing will.
Have a great day! M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...