Last 7 days Popular Posts

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Mea Culpa - Color of the Year for 2013

Mea Culpa my Mea Culpa - Update as of 8:00am today, Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2013!!! Apparently, not only did I get the color wrong, I got the date of the announcement wrong too! Hoping you all can relate on some level.  It's just been one of those weeks!  Click here for all the details.



Phrase for the day . . . 
Apparently, I was so excited about Monaco Blue as the color of the year for 2013,  I failed to realize this is the FASHION color of the year, and not the official color of the year.    This is a new one on me since last year's Pantone color of the year was the same for both fashion and home?! I guess Pantone is mixing things up for 2013.  

From what I can gather after additional research (from a friend who is one amazing google guru), the official Pantone color of the year for 2013 will be announced on December 14th in Las Vegas by Leatrice Eisman, Pantone Color Institute Executive Director immediately before an informative seminar on how the color of the year is selected.  Many are predicting one of the top four Fashion colors I posted about earlier this week will, in fact, be the color of the year, but there is no way to know for sure.  Last year, Tangerine Tango was the color of the year for both Fashion and Home for 2012.  But, Pantone may surprise us this year.  

Thank you to the bloggers who brought this to my attention.  I knew something was up when I received a rather "surprised" comment from one of my all time favorite bloggers in the know, Raina Cox from If the Lamp Shade Fits.  My apologies!  

It appears I'm doing way too much of this these days . . . 
So, please standby - I'm not planning on attending the press announcement this year, but who knows?!  Maybe next year, I can work this into the calendar!  M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...