Last 7 days Popular Posts

Monday, November 19, 2012

Giving Back - After

A couple of weeks ago I posted about an event I took part in to raise money and awareness of the furniture bank for the Mass Coalition for the homeless. Well I'm happy to say it was a great success, we raised $6,000 for the cause and had a great time doing so. My good friend and fellow blogger Danika Herrick of Gorgeous Shiny Things set up an entire room. I chose a vintage piece of furniture from their furniture bank and revamped it for the auction. Here are the before and after shots. A big thank you to Ace Hardware for donating the paint for this project.

BEFORE: A tired Lane Furniture table.




AFTER: I needed to choose a gender neutral shade, so I chose a color from Ace's: Colors for Your Life paint deck - Shady Lane - A36-6 (semi-gloss finish) but I had them mix it in Ace Hardware's Clark+Kensington, paint+primer in one line.  I used gold leaf paint on the inside of the handle and leg caps.
"copyright Ace Hardware Corporation 2012"
"copyright Ace Hardware Corporation 2012"
" copyright Ace Hardware Corporation 2012"

The rug is from the Nate Berkus collection for HSN.
The photographs are by Ann-Marie Rollo, see her amazing work here.



Here's a picture of my friend Danika Herrick from Gorgeous Shiny Things and o'verlays (far left), another designer, Susan Wornick who is a local news anchor and myself (far right) at the event. Dana's room came out amazing, see it on her blog here. Girlfriend is crazy with a paint brush, I'm not sure where she finds the time to do it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...