Last 7 days Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thinking About a Little DIY

Noticing a lot of chatter lately about the hot summer trend of all things nautical - which is so fun for summer.  Here is one great piece I've had my eye on . . . 

I think it is so chic and would add just the right amount of sparkle to my coffee table.  But, I can't justify $185.00 for a trendy accessory.  I know, it's really great.  Isn't it? 

So, I was thinking (my husband says he dreads that phase more than anything in the world) . . . What if I took this shell (at $24.95).

or this one at $25.00 (it's resin). 

And painted the interior gold (since brass/gold accents are still hotter than hot).  There are so many options for how to add the gold accent.  You could do gold leaf which would add a lot of texture to the inside. 



or craft paint - this one feels aged to me which is a great thing . . . 

or even a little metal (anything called liquid metal, I'm in!) . . .

You've got yourself a nautical/gold chachkie for a fraction of the price!  With a deal like that, I really wouldn't feel bad moving on when the trend is over.  M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...