Last 7 days Popular Posts

Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Pillows for my Wingbacks

Just before Christmas I discovered this fabric and fell in love with it.  
I kept thinking about all it's lineny goodness and where I could put it in my house.  Finally, I decided to make some pillows for my favorite spot in the whole house - my wingback chairs.  
 As you can see, this room is very neutral, mainly warm grays, browns and a bit of green.  So, when I saw this fabric which included a watery blue with the green, I knew I had to have it.  This picture is more like the true color of the fabric.
Since this is a large scale fabric, I would normally not use it for small lumbar pillows.  Large scale fabrics look best on large pillows or for drapery panels.  But I broke the rules! I picked out my favorite bird in the pattern and worked it into the center of each pillow.  I also included my favorite trim (for the moment) which is a flat flange with a bit of detail on the corners.  
The other great thing about these . . . I only used a yard of fabric.  So, when (and if) I tire of them, I will be off to find another fabric to change the look for around $35.00 or less! 

I have included this project in  Todays Creative Blog link party!  There are tons of crafty ideas included if you need a little project this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...