Last 7 days Popular Posts

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Au Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad, India

I wanted to share this magazine spread from my Winter 2011 French Elle Decor of Au Falaknuma Palace turned hotel in Hyderabad, India. The palace was built in 1884 by the Prime Minister of Hyderabad and was intended to represent "heaven on earth." The design was a hybrid of 19th-Century popular European style. The palace was occupied by India's 7th nizam (prince) who at the time was the wealthiest man in the world. After his death, the palace fell into disrepair until it was restored (14 years and US$35 mil!) and reopened last year by Taj Hotels and Resorts as a luxury hotel. As if I didn't already want to visit India... now I really have a reason to go! Without going into great detail, I will let the beauty of these opulent rooms speak for themselves:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...