Last 7 days Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween at Tiffany's - Holly Golightly Costume and Pumpkin

Halloween is fast approaching and I'm sad to say that this year I will not be dressing up.
I'm currently so busy with school, as well as having been hired on to work as a cashier at a two week pop up sale, that I just don't have the time for Halloween parties this year.

Instead, I wanted to share with you my favourite Halloween costume and pumpkin that I have ever done!
Y'all know I'm a bit obsessed with Audrey Hepburn, my idol, so in my first year of University when I was living on residence (can't believe that was 4 years ago already), I decided to dress up as Holly Golightly:
I seriously loved this costume more than anything. Believe it or not I was the only girl I saw in rez dressed up as Holly Golightly.. most chose to go the 'less clothing' route. And yes, I am holding a grilled cheese sandwich. The all night caf was truly a life saver sometimes!

Then, the following year I got all-audrey'd out with my pumpkin carving skills.
I've been seeing lots of pics of painting pumpkins this year. Love the look, but in my opinion nothing beats a handful of cold pumpkin guts. Just me or...?
 ^Photo op before changing into 'it's okay if they get messy' clothes. I drew the picture free hand from a similar image I saw on the internet.
All carved up! We still have that floral wallpaper in the powder room at my parents house. I kind of love it in a weird way. And yes, I cheated with the tiara. I purchased it at the dollar store and went all 'Mean Girls Homecoming Scene' breaking off bits until it fit.
 All lit up!
And that, my friends, is how you do Halloween at Tiffany's.
Are you dressing up this Halloween? As what?!
xox
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...