Last 7 days Popular Posts

Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

I wanted to dedicate this post to one of my very dear friends.....
(how funny if she picks today to not read this!)



I've been through a lot over the years (as we all have) but I have especially been through a lot with friends and this is one of those people that I know I can always trust, I know I can always count on and I know with absolute certainty that she will be in my life forever. She is, to quote Clairee from Steel Magnolias, "good people!" 

She is a great friend who even though her own life is very, very busy as a career woman, a wife and a mother, she always seems to be there when I need her. Even if we haven't talked in a while she seems to sense when I need to talk to her and reaches out...it is the craziest thing!

She is positive, selfless and supportive. And not only encourages me to follow my dreams but takes time out of her life to help me do just that! We have "business meetings" (to talk about both of our many creative enterprises), I text her pictures of items I find for approval before purchasing and her husband is even in on it as he is my new Jack of all Trades Handyman on the side of his very, very busy life. (btw I heart him as much as her!)

Creatively speaking, we are totally in sync. We use to have a business together making jewelry and have talked about a thousand other businesses pursuits, ideas, endeavors, etc.! She is my favorite person to shop with as I can find a rusty piece of metal in a junk pile and turn to her with big, excited eyes and she will respond with matched enthusiasm. Then we'll spend the next five minutes (sometimes hours or days) talking about all the things we would do with that rusty piece of metal. 

She has a dash of naivety that at times freaks me out (mainly for her safety) but I imagine it allows her to live a more stress-free life than I. For example, when we lived together and she would leave the front door wide open, not just unlocked but wide open. She is from this adorably perfect small town and I well, am not. But she goes through life assuming the best in people and I envy her attitude. 

As far as values, morals, ethics and how you should treat other people....we are on the same page. The older I get, the more I realize how important that is. 

She has two gorgeous children! A young daughter who dresses herself and already has a completely cool and unique style just like her mom. And a son who is so chill and relaxed, like her, that nothing seems to phase him. And they are both very funny kids, in their own right. She said the other day that her son put out his hand to get a high-five from his dad after getting his bottle. I mean.....

I could go on and on and on but I will spare the rest of y'all still reading. But I will say one last thing.....


HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!!!!!!!


Love you girl! And thanks for being such a great friend to me.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...