Last 7 days Popular Posts

Friday, July 22, 2011

Fabulous Fabrics - Fabricadabra

I am absolutely thrilled to introduce you to my very first blog sponsor - Fabricadabra.   As you know from following my blog, I am very picky about what I endorse and share with you.  I only post about things I like and think would be interesting to my readers.  Well, Fabricadabra is all that!

This unique company, owned by Donna Halloran, is providing some of the most wonderful textiles on the market today.  Donna has contracted with artisans from around the world who still utilize ancient techniques for dyeing and weaving fabrics.  Most are woven on handlooms and all embroidery is hand done.  Also, Donna works very hard to provide fair wages to all artisans while keeping the cost to us reasonable!

Here are a few of my favorites and what I would do with them in my home.

Samarkand Hand Embroidered Vintage Suzani Throw

Source


Hmong Hilltribe Patchwork Throw

These beautiful throws are small works of art.  They add texture, color, and a world traveled feel to a space.  One way to get your biggest bang from these would be to frame them as artwork.

Look at how dramatic they become.  Talk about a focal point.

When you think about the cost of a painting the same size, you realize what a bargain this is for custom artwork.



Source


Source

If you didn't want to splurge on a throw, you could get a similar affect by using a large sample of handmade fabric.  Sort of like this.  (as an aside, this is Anne Becker's apartment and was featured in Elle Decor, lovely).



Here is a very similar pattern in yellow, and would be such an easy DIY project.


You could also select several different fabrics and frame them as a series or grouping on a focal wall. Here are few to consider.

Source




Here are some examples of a grouping or series.

Look at these beautiful images I found with accents using tribal fabrics.  As you can see, it instantly updates a space and makes it feel current while adding a sense of history.


Source


Source

Or even something upholstered in an Ikat fabric.  I love those pretty stools in pink and chocolate.

Source

Source

By just investing in a pair of accent pillows you can inject this vibe into your space.

Source


Source


Source

I hope you will take the time to click over and check out all the offerings on  Donna's fabulous website and welcome her to the Muse!  Enjoy your weekend!  M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...