Last 7 days Popular Posts

Monday, July 25, 2011

Lots Of Words


Sorry for being MIA but I had a blast at the beach with the fam! It was actually one of those trips that felt like a week's long vacation, which was wonderful! I won't bore you with with all the details but there was lots of beach, biking, bocce, football, paddleball, building sandcastles, ladderball, riding waves, board games, and lots and lots of eating and drinking. We also took a sunset cruise. I created so many cherished memories with my precious nephews...


One day Finn (age 9) and I biked down to the marina and he said "I love spending time with you Sid!"...I could hardly see through the tears to peddle home. We had fun bonding while talking about music (Taylor Swift and Katie Perry), racing bikes (he likes to go fast) and talking fishing (he was teaching me, he is the smartest kid I know!). However, I didn't like that he thought it was hysterical to call me "old lady."


Garrett (age 8) is very active so we played lots of games on the beach (he smoked me at all of them and I fancy myself as being quite athletic!). And we spent lots of time building sand castles with expert precision! I was trying to explain to him what I do for a living and how that translated to sandcastle building and he said "I love architecting too" Adorable! He was quite inventive using sticks for bridges and he by far sculpted the best turrets. I was impressed.


Tyler (age 5) said "I hope we come to Fripp forever...when I am a teenager and an adult and when I am a old man but then I will probably need a walking stick. Think they sell those at the golf cart rental place?" He is literally one of the funniest people I know! I thought it was cute that he showed general concern for me when I got upset when Will died while we watched Pirates of the Caribbean. He assured me things would work out ok without ruining the ending because I always have to ask my nephews NOT to ruin the ending of movies for me! ha! At dinner he ate about 80% of my crab legs so the next night we ordered him crab legs, he didn't want them so he ate most of my friend shrimp. I think he knows that he has me wrapped around his finger!

Sorry to bore you....but I wanted to get some of those memories in writing. So I came home exhausted and needing to stay out of the sun. I caught up with my dvr and design blogs while simultaneously pinning stuff on Pinterest. For those of you that follow me, I apologize for the large amounts of pins but I had to make up for a week of missed creative stimulation! So back to my dvr.....I had about 12 backed logged Design, Inc.'s to watch! I am really impressed with the current programming on HGTV. I stopped watching it for a while as it was all real estate and cheap decorating shows but now it seems there are some quality designers that have programs.

Home by Novogratz
HGTV picked up the Design by Sixx show formerly on Bravo. This couple is truly innovative! I don't know how they do it with all those kids. I always complain about not having enough time and I am single. (My dvr will be recording this one as well!)

Design, Inc.
I have always been a big fan of Sara Richardson and love her show Design, Inc. I especially like how all the designers show up for an install, even if it isn't there project. That is awesome! If I ever have a larger design firm I am totally doing that. Installs can be fun and you can always use the extra help but it also instill's teamwork. You go Sara!

Secrets of a Stylist
Stylist and blogger (former blogger?) Emily Henderson is just plain adorable! I like that her background isn't typical and neither is the concept of the show. I think it is interesting in that it often shows people what they THINK they want then it shows how she would interpret what they think they want (which is usually correct). Which always proves my point of trusting your designer :)

Candice Tells All
I know she has been a staple on HGTV for years but she really is super talented (especially her renderings!) and just so likable! I have always appreciated that her show illustrates the actual design process from beginning to end (or at least as much as you can in half an hour).

Dear Genevive
What I like most about her is how real and genuine and personable she is with her clients. She takes of her shoes (literally) and talks to them on their level and really gets to know their likes/dislikes and needs/wants to create a home that is right for them.

Design Star
I admit...I watch it. This is my confession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...