Last 7 days Popular Posts

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Top Seven for Spring Series - Heather of My Many Moments

Today, I have Heather of My Many Moments over to share her favs for Spring 2012.  I was trying to remember how and when I found Heather's blog; but honestly, it seems I've known about her blog for as long as I've known about blogs!  I can't remember not reading it.  Heather's blog is not only beautiful and inspiring as it relates to interior design, but also for life in general.  You see, she and her husband are in the process of adopting a baby!  I'm always thrilled to read her updates on this process and realize just how full her life is becoming during the process.  I hope you'll take the time to check out her blog, it's worth your time.


Thank you so much Mandi for including me in your  Seven Spring Favorite's Series.  Living in Oregon this is by far my favorite season of the year.  It gives us Oregonians a little hope that the rain will soon end. Let's jump right in with my first favorite...
1.  Spring Branches
via
Spring is in the air and so are the small buds on trees ready to sprout beautiful buds of magnolia, cotton, florysenth and so many more!  One of my favorite things to do is bring these blooming branches inside to enjoy.  This is a great inexpensive way  to add color and life to your home.  So next time you are on a walk, bring your cutting shears ladies.

via
via
2.  Herbs
via
I love to cook with fresh herbs.  They make such a difference in a dish.  They also can be a beautiful design element in your home.  The beginning of Spring is when stores start selling fresh herbs.  Every Spring I  plant them in different sizes of terra cotta pots where they will live on my kitchen window sill through Fall.

3.  Freshen  Up With Colorful Pillows
via


















Spring is a great time to switch out some of your pillows with bright colorful ones.  This is an easy, inexpensive way to drastically change the feel of a room.  I have been eyeing the above Schumacer  Betwixt  pillow in Indigo for our living room.

4.  My Favorite Spring Sound
I was lucky enough to grow up in Santa Monica, California.  My mom was obsessed with wind chimes and had way too many to admit outside every window.  I grew up hearing the different chimes throughout the year.  Now as an adult I find the sound to be completely soothing.  I don't have as many wind chimes as my mother, but I am getting up there!  If you don't have a wind chime I would highly recommend joining the club.  There is nothing better than taking a nap in the backyard on the chaise listening to the chimes. 

5.  Window Boxes
via
This is a new Spring favorite for me.  I just finished adding two window boxes to my home.  I love how they act as little green vignettes that can be changed from season to season.  Spring is a great time to start a window box filled with Creeping Jenny, Ivy, bulbs, succulents ect. to ensure a lush look by Summer. 
via
6.  The Jean Shirt


The classic jean shirt.  If there is one item of clothing that I wear not only in Spring, but year around, it's my jean shirt.  There are not many pieces of clothing that get better with age, but there is nothing better than a well worn jean shirt. Spring is all about layering.  Pairing it open with a striped shirt and skinnies, high waist skirt with a belt, open over a maxi dress, the options are endless. 
via
via

via
7. Bright Scarves
A bright scarf is the perfect accessory to freshen up any outfit.  I don't often venture out in wearing prints, sticking to mainly solids, but Spring is the perfect time to add a punch of color and pattern to an outfit.  The above scarves are all from American Eagle and all under 20 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...