Last 7 days Popular Posts

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Top Seven for Spring Series - Carrie of Hazardous Design

Up today is Carrie of Hazardous Design.  Her blog is one of my morning coffee reads.  Carrie's style is classic with a shot of chic.  Pair this with Carrie's sense of humor, and you have one fabulous blog!  So, Carrie, it's all yours . . .



If you are a regular reader of my blog, Hazardous Design, you may already know that I'm not a fan of fall and winter, which is a bit of a challenge considering I live in New England. No, SPRING, is my favorite time of year. Let me give you seven reasons why.

1. Spring bulbs. This is a photo of a strip of land beside my driveway taken last year, the first spring we'd been in our house. I'm not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination, but the previous owner was. To our delight and surprise, it turns out that he was a rock star when it came to planting pretty things that would grow year after year. It was such a treat last spring when we saw the gardens explode with color for the first time. Now that I know what to expect I'm looking forward to it even more this year.

2. Gardening. Like I mentioned, I'm not a gardener, but this spring I'm going to attempt to become one. I know how to weed and mulch. That's a start, right? 

3.Daycations. With the promise of warmer weather and longer days, I find myself itching to get out of the house and do some exploring. Late last summer my husband and I went to Block Island for the first time and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. I'd love to get back there this spring before it gets invaded by the summer crowds.
4. Spring Cleaning. Weird, I know, but that's how I roll. I love dedicating a Saturday to deep cleaning all the little nooks and crannies of my home until everything sparkles and smells nice. Especially when it is a warm day and you can throw all the windows open. Doesn't a clean house make you feel good?

5. Outdoor dining. Preferably with cocktails. There's nothing better than snacking and sipping on the outdoor patio of your favorite restaurant while people watching.
6. Jack Rogers. My favorite little shoe to wear when the weather warms up. They can be dressy or they can be casual. If you get them in the color platinum, they'll go with everything.
Zappos


7. My B-day. Any other Gemini's out there? If you are anything like me, you probably celebrate your birthday for an entire week. Maybe a month. It isn't a bad idea when your birthday falls during the best time of the year :)

Happy Spring, Interior Design Musing readers!
Mandi, thank you so much for including me in your series.  I hope you and your kids are enjoying spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...