Last 7 days Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

storm thorgerson

i had the great pleasure of meeting the legendary artist storm thorgerson last week in san francisco at a small gallery on geary st. what a treat. storm is most famous for his work with the band pink floyd and is responsible for the majority of their most famous album covers including division bell, dark side of the moon, wish you were here...and on and on. enjoy. amanda



"Naivete and enthusiasm are great bedfellows. I plunged into the cover for Saucerful without a second thought. I didn't know any better and what doubts I had were soon engulfed by waves of keenness. I was so keen, it was sickening." - Storm T.



this is not a photograph! I learned that it is actually a print made of 21 different screens. each screen is made then printed layer on top of layer. Impressive!!! before photoshop folks!!!








some of these stories he told to me while i was visiting with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...