Last 7 days Popular Posts

Monday, January 25, 2010

Is Two Better Than One?

I dragged my husband and baby out this weekend to shop for a new sofa. (Lucky me, we found an amazing sofa, chair & ottoman! But that's not what this post is about ;) ) While out browsing I came across a chair upholstered in two different fabrics - well actually, it was leather and a great textured fabric. What do you think? Could be a fun way to introduce more texture and interest.

This idea could be fantastic in the right room. Brings a bit of a modern, unique look to an otherwise standard arm chair. In the case of this beauty from HD Buttercup, I like how it was upholstered in materials of the same color.



Then I got home and was surfing my usual design blogs (in this case it was Desire to Inspire) and found this image of a room at a Firmdale Hotel in London - what a coincidence! A perfect example of when this could be really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...