Last 7 days Popular Posts

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Staircase Inspiration

I have long had a fascination for staircases. They are one of the hardest elements I have to deal with and one of the most expensive to detail correctly. One of my pet peeves is wall to wall carpet on stairs. I prefer to use runners or leave the stairs bare if at all possible. I am just in the process of finishing a renovation of a home for a client and I have replaced the carpet on their open staircase with 2 inch thick pieces of 100 year old reclaimed teak from Asia. The teak is so beautiful and you see the solid thickness of it as you go up the stairs. The project isn't completed yet, but when it is I will post photos. The best book on staircases I have in my library is Staircase Design.
Suzanne Kasler
How grand this entry foyer is with the black and white checkered
floor. This is a staircase to walk down in a flowing ball gown
Lucyina via Desire to Inspire love the sisal stair runner

Madeline Stuart wall color Farrow & Ball 'Blue Ground'
so fresh & inviting

House Beautiful

Fotene Design via Desire to Inspire

Armenio Losa makes me want to run my hand on the curved hand rail, or slide down it.
Myra Hoefer conjures up images of Tuscany

John Stefanidis Greece is written all over this picture

House Beautiful

Steven Ehrlich
This is my very favourite staircase. Thanks Steven.
I love the cantilevered slabs projecting from the wall
and the rough concrete wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...