Happy Friday everyone! Elizabeth from little black door here and I'm psyched that Tiffany asked me to come over today to play Favorite Furniture Friday. I try not to play favorites in my house when it comes to my furniture, but I've failed at that attempt because I most certainly do have a favorite. That would be the settee in my living room.
This sucker is like one of my children. And as much work as I put into it, I feel like I gave birth to this couch. It started out as a sad little thing in the back corner of an antique store. It smelled, had stains from I don't even want to know where, and the cushions were as thin as Victoria Beckham.
After weeks of work I sanded, painted, stripped, unstapled, reupholstered, stapled and piped that sucker into one hot little number.
I love her so that I sometimes sit on the other side of the room just so I can admire her. She's comfy, beautiful and I'm proud to report still dog hair-free. I hope you love her too!
Thanks Tiffany for letting me brag about my baby! xoxo
Can you believe Elizabeth tackled that reupholstery on her own? The before is barely recognizable as the after, now that takes vision. Simly stunning!!! Now check out her blog!
A Lot Of Guide, Tips, Resource, Image, Style, Article About Interior Design Ideas For Blogger
Last 7 days Popular Posts
-
Started writing a post that I have already written. Ummm, what's up with that? (I really need to get out more on Saturday nights) About ...
-
Last week, I posted about a master bedroom installation I completed for this great couple who live in Mountain Brook. I mentioned you can ...
-
The Capitoline Museum , which overlooks the Roman Forum, in Rome. I have a dear friend, Adriana who has been living and working in Rome o...
-
I was so excited to find some beautiful boxwood wreaths at Trader Joes. For the price I feel as though I could replace them 3 times over th...
-
While cleaning out the attic in order to get ready for my move, my Dad came across a vintage black steamer trunk. This is almost identical ...
Friday, July 27, 2012
ZE Interior Designs »
Before and After
,
DIY reupholstery
,
Favourite Furniture Fridays
,
guest post
,
reupholstery
,
settee
,
the little black door
» Favourite Furniture Fridays: The Little Black Door
Favourite Furniture Fridays: The Little Black Door
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment