![]() |
| I stopped into Jules Place, a local art gallery yesterday. She represents some amazing artists from around the country. I find it's sometimes tough to post photos of artist's work because they lack the depth that the pieces have in person. Amy's pieces are full of texture and have a high gloss finish. They're gorgeous. I especially love some of her purple pieces, they're unexpected and over sized. Here's a bit about Amy's process. I love the idea of painting to different types of music. Amy Maas: "The new series is called "soundtracks". Painting to music has always been integral to my work. I need the music to clear my mind - to make room for my thoughts and emotions to express themselves. by combining my two great loves of music and painting, I am able to concentrate and lose myself in the moment. I decided to paint to music I listen to this time, instead of using it as a background. Therefore each painting is a direct result of an actual soundtrack I listened to while painting." |
A Lot Of Guide, Tips, Resource, Image, Style, Article About Interior Design Ideas For Blogger
Last 7 days Popular Posts
-
Started writing a post that I have already written. Ummm, what's up with that? (I really need to get out more on Saturday nights) About ...
-
Last week, I posted about a master bedroom installation I completed for this great couple who live in Mountain Brook. I mentioned you can ...
-
The Capitoline Museum , which overlooks the Roman Forum, in Rome. I have a dear friend, Adriana who has been living and working in Rome o...
-
I was so excited to find some beautiful boxwood wreaths at Trader Joes. For the price I feel as though I could replace them 3 times over th...
-
While cleaning out the attic in order to get ready for my move, my Dad came across a vintage black steamer trunk. This is almost identical ...
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Amy Maas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment