I was very excited when I received a copy of the new WONDER WALLS book by Sarah Bagner, better known as Supermarket Sarah. Sarah is a very creative person and I've always been a fan of her displays.
After graduating from art college, Sarah moved into styling and sold her vintage founds in Portobello Market until she launched Supermarket Sarah where she basically created unique, striking displays for various people & brands online. I think the concept is genius!
Since then, her famous displays have spread into public spaces like galleries, bars and she even had a pop-up store at Selfridges and did some installations for Donna Wilson, Tom Dixon etc.
WONDER WALLS is about embrace everything we own and learn how put it on display and there is some great examples for all of us who love vintage, collecting, fixing, displaying.
At some point in my life, I was starting a collection as soon as I had 4 items from the same series (I still have a massive Egg collection at my mum's and key rings and stamps and small metal boxes...). Do you know what I'm talking about? :-))
There is some pretty wacky interiors in the book such as the home of the Godfather of Japanese Horror comics, Kazuo Umezu and in contrast some more peaceful interiors like the home of fashion designer Asa Stenerhag (photo 4) which draws inspiration from nature, both in her art and her fashion line - very inspiring...
The good news is that I have teamed up with CICO BOOKS to offer 3 readers the chance to win a copy of this fabulous week.
All you need to do is leave a comment on the blog and share the competition on Facebook
Small print: The Wonder Walls competition closes at midnight GMT on 31 October 2012. Winning commenters will be chosen via eight random.org number searches . Prizes are non-transferable and all decisions made by random.org are final.. Bonne chance!
A Lot Of Guide, Tips, Resource, Image, Style, Article About Interior Design Ideas For Blogger
Last 7 days Popular Posts
-
Started writing a post that I have already written. Ummm, what's up with that? (I really need to get out more on Saturday nights) About ...
-
Last week, I posted about a master bedroom installation I completed for this great couple who live in Mountain Brook. I mentioned you can ...
-
The Capitoline Museum , which overlooks the Roman Forum, in Rome. I have a dear friend, Adriana who has been living and working in Rome o...
-
I was so excited to find some beautiful boxwood wreaths at Trader Joes. For the price I feel as though I could replace them 3 times over th...
-
While cleaning out the attic in order to get ready for my move, my Dad came across a vintage black steamer trunk. This is almost identical ...
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
ZE Interior Designs »
competition
,
inspiring books
» WIN 3 COPIES OF WONDER WALLS by SUPERMARKET SARAH
WIN 3 COPIES OF WONDER WALLS by SUPERMARKET SARAH
Labels:
competition,
inspiring books
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment