![]() |
| What is the California look? Is it modern, casual and cool? Does it celebrate our natural surroundings? Is it an expression of indoor-outdoor living, all year long? "Living in a Modern Way," an exhibition opening Oct. 1 at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, includes a re-creation of the scene in a 1951 Los Angeles Times Home Magazine cover, above. The headline to the cover package: What Makes the California Look. Sixty years later, we're adding a question mark: What Makes the California Look? The 1951 vignette included a yellow Eames armchair from 1948, a Van Keppel Green cord lounge chair, a pot and stand by John Follis and Rex Goode, and a brazier with skewers -- fire pit and barbecue, all in one -- by Stanley Hawk. (Taken from L.A. at Home blog) |
A Lot Of Guide, Tips, Resource, Image, Style, Article About Interior Design Ideas For Blogger
Last 7 days Popular Posts
-
Started writing a post that I have already written. Ummm, what's up with that? (I really need to get out more on Saturday nights) About ...
-
Last week, I posted about a master bedroom installation I completed for this great couple who live in Mountain Brook. I mentioned you can ...
-
I was so excited to find some beautiful boxwood wreaths at Trader Joes. For the price I feel as though I could replace them 3 times over th...
-
The Capitoline Museum , which overlooks the Roman Forum, in Rome. I have a dear friend, Adriana who has been living and working in Rome o...
-
While cleaning out the attic in order to get ready for my move, my Dad came across a vintage black steamer trunk. This is almost identical ...
Sunday, September 11, 2011
ZE Interior Designs » » Living In A Modern Way
Living In A Modern Way
I am so excited for the opening of "living in a modern way" coming this october at LACMA. i have always been very drawn to the modern esthetic and the forward thinking of the mid-century modern movement. i am lucky to live in a place where it is celebrated and where many examples are provided for viewing. i love socal! xo amanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment