Men typically do not take much of role when it comes to designing their living spaces. Often the woman takes over, this is her area of expertise. Women, you can be empowered to design a space for your man even if he claims he wants no part of it.
To begin, how would you describe a masculine space? It contains rich textures and deep colors. It combines clean lines and functionality. Sometimes quirkiness with the addition of personal items or objects (super hero figurines).
How do you design a masculine space? Combine the old with the new. Old beat up leather suitcases stacked next to a new, crisp fabric upholstered sofa. Think of iconic masculine environments, did they consist of neutral colors on the walls? Chocolates, taupes and grays are good bets. . A mix of metals, wood and fabric is fail safe. Matching all of the wood in the same stain is boring. Men's suiting fabric is always masculine. Need to soften the space, add plants. The opportunity to interact with the space, watering and taking care of a plant, gives a man something to take pride in.
Allow the man to express his ideas and take it from there. His office is a good place to start.
A Lot Of Guide, Tips, Resource, Image, Style, Article About Interior Design Ideas For Blogger
Last 7 days Popular Posts
-
Started writing a post that I have already written. Ummm, what's up with that? (I really need to get out more on Saturday nights) About ...
-
Last week, I posted about a master bedroom installation I completed for this great couple who live in Mountain Brook. I mentioned you can ...
-
The Capitoline Museum , which overlooks the Roman Forum, in Rome. I have a dear friend, Adriana who has been living and working in Rome o...
-
I was so excited to find some beautiful boxwood wreaths at Trader Joes. For the price I feel as though I could replace them 3 times over th...
-
While cleaning out the attic in order to get ready for my move, my Dad came across a vintage black steamer trunk. This is almost identical ...
Friday, May 21, 2010
ZE Interior Designs »
design
,
Interior Design
,
Interiors
,
Office
» Office Space: Is It Masculine?
Office Space: Is It Masculine?
Labels:
design,
Interior Design,
Interiors,
Office
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment