We are such big fans of Sweet Paul magazine and are constantly salivating over his delicious looking recipes, when I saw this I thought it would be a perfect rustic style dinner party meal. To save time I would replace the tiresome task of hand making pesto to using our Jacqueline Morabito Pesto which is so delicious and authentic tasting and certainly better than if I made it myself!!!
Serves 6-8
1 large leak, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons butter
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
4 tablespoons cream
1 cup ricotta
3 tablespoons pesto
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
coarse salt and freshly grounded pepper
8 sheets filo pastry, thawed
cooking spray
1 cup of Jacqueline Morabito Green Pesto.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Saute leaks in butter until soft.
In a medium bowl, combine, eggs, egg whites, cream, ricotta, pesto, parmesan and parsley.
Season with salt and pepper.
Lightly coat a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray.
Unroll filo, remove one sheet, placing in prepared pan.
Coat lightly with cooking spray.
Repeat with 7 more sheets of filo, spraying between each layer.
Trim edges with scissor.
Spoon filling and leaks into the pan.
Bake until golden brown and set, about 45-50 minutes.
Cool before serving.
Recipe and image from www.sweetpaul.typepad.com
A Lot Of Guide, Tips, Resource, Image, Style, Article About Interior Design Ideas For Blogger
Last 7 days Popular Posts
-
Started writing a post that I have already written. Ummm, what's up with that? (I really need to get out more on Saturday nights) About ...
-
Last week, I posted about a master bedroom installation I completed for this great couple who live in Mountain Brook. I mentioned you can ...
-
The Capitoline Museum , which overlooks the Roman Forum, in Rome. I have a dear friend, Adriana who has been living and working in Rome o...
-
I was so excited to find some beautiful boxwood wreaths at Trader Joes. For the price I feel as though I could replace them 3 times over th...
-
While cleaning out the attic in order to get ready for my move, my Dad came across a vintage black steamer trunk. This is almost identical ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment