Earlier this week, I was explaining in our e-news that rather than feeling totally depressed coming home after two amazing weeks in the South West of France, we (actually more me than Steve), felt totally inspired when we opened our front door.
You see...the smart cookie that I am, booked decorators in to strip the stairs and paint them in white while we were away. So when we opened the doors onto these gorgeous all-white stairs, it was like walking into our holidays home again.
This wasn't an easy decision....I have been pondering about white stairs since February and when Steve took off the carpet after a diner en tete-en-tete fuelled with wine, I fell in love with the distressed/industrial look of our stairs a la House Doctor. But the reality is that it is our family home and as much as I love industrial spaces, I had to make a decision.
So this weekend, I'm planning to take a few pics of our new white stairs and maybe have a go at this Ikea hack project Jan posted on Poppytalk to add a touch of blue in our entrance and make our London home even more like a holiday home. Wouldn't this be good for the soul?...
Below is a photo of the stairs BEFORE they got painted
A Lot Of Guide, Tips, Resource, Image, Style, Article About Interior Design Ideas For Blogger
Last 7 days Popular Posts
-
Started writing a post that I have already written. Ummm, what's up with that? (I really need to get out more on Saturday nights) About ...
-
Last week, I posted about a master bedroom installation I completed for this great couple who live in Mountain Brook. I mentioned you can ...
-
I was so excited to find some beautiful boxwood wreaths at Trader Joes. For the price I feel as though I could replace them 3 times over th...
-
The Capitoline Museum , which overlooks the Roman Forum, in Rome. I have a dear friend, Adriana who has been living and working in Rome o...
-
While cleaning out the attic in order to get ready for my move, my Dad came across a vintage black steamer trunk. This is almost identical ...
Friday, August 19, 2011
ZE Interior Designs »
our home in London
» My home in London {The stairs}
My home in London {The stairs}
Labels:
our home in London
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment