In Suffolk, England, there's a man named Ross Russell who, along with his wife, set out to build a house. He had some capital and some dreams, and so instead of building a normal, stationary house he enlisted the help of architect Alex de Rijke to build one that changes shape. Subverting traditional Suffolk architecture—a narrow, timber-clad building with a 45-degree pitched roof, they build a structure that comes complete with a motorized sliding roof, exposing a living room made entirely of glass. "On a summer's evening, it's a magical experience to just pull the roof back," Russell says. Have a look at the video, then head over to Gizmodo for more tips on turning your own, boring, non-moving house into a futuristic fortress, replete with robot vacuums and floorplans that automatically change shape.
A Lot Of Guide, Tips, Resource, Image, Style, Article About Interior Design Ideas For Blogger
Last 7 days Popular Posts
-
Started writing a post that I have already written. Ummm, what's up with that? (I really need to get out more on Saturday nights) About ...
-
Last week, I posted about a master bedroom installation I completed for this great couple who live in Mountain Brook. I mentioned you can ...
-
The Capitoline Museum , which overlooks the Roman Forum, in Rome. I have a dear friend, Adriana who has been living and working in Rome o...
-
I was so excited to find some beautiful boxwood wreaths at Trader Joes. For the price I feel as though I could replace them 3 times over th...
-
While cleaning out the attic in order to get ready for my move, my Dad came across a vintage black steamer trunk. This is almost identical ...
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
ZE Interior Designs » » we are prepared to be radical
we are prepared to be radical
this is so cool! a long time ago i heard a man speak about this super modern house he built around his family's 100 year old farm house. it was very cool...and i have been unable to find images of it since. google do not fail me!! i'm on the hunt. anyway this home reminds me a lot of that house. xo amanda
Via curbed national:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment