On my recent trip to Chicago I visited the Merchandise Mart. It was my first time at this major Design Center. It is huge and is said to be the second largest building in the US, The Pentagon is the largest. It also houses the Gift and Home Market showrooms. The Interior Design showrooms are on three of the18(+/-) floors. I had a quick (all day Friday) cruise through the 18th floor and the Main level floor (didn't have a chance to visit the other floor as time didn't permit). Of course I visited my favourite showroom: Michael Taylor as well as many others. I will collect my thoughts and inspirations and do some posts in the week to come. But some of the themes I saw that stick out in my mind right now are: Lucite tables, mirrors & lamps; beautiful scenic & mural wallpapers; wonderful fabrics & Christian Liaigre furniture at Holly Hunt; lots of indoor/outdoor fabrics. In shopping on the "Magic Mile" I did notice fall fashions in black and white hounds tooth check for coats and capes. There is a resurgence of capes for fall (very 80's). Everyone was wearing flats, especially the monogram ones by Tory Burch, and lots and lots of little girls all lovingly carrying their newly purchased dolls from American Girl Doll Company. These dolls are so beautiful. They have old fashioned cloth bodies and beautiful eyes that open and close, and matching outfits can be purchased so the little girls can wear the same clothes as their dolls, or is it the other way around? The average purchase in this store is said to be $400.00. There is lots and lots of selection and inspiration in the Interior Design arena...stay tuned more to come on this.
A Lot Of Guide, Tips, Resource, Image, Style, Article About Interior Design Ideas For Blogger
Last 7 days Popular Posts
-
Started writing a post that I have already written. Ummm, what's up with that? (I really need to get out more on Saturday nights) About ...
-
friday is finally here! well, i'm assuming most of you know matchbook magazine came out with their may issue this week. i'm leaving...
-
I was so excited to find some beautiful boxwood wreaths at Trader Joes. For the price I feel as though I could replace them 3 times over th...
-
I love a blogging Momma! Especially a Momma who has an awesome interior decorating biz with a super sense of style. If you haven't poppe...
-
Just a quick update...The wooden desk by House Doctor DK is being such a hit that we have now added their gorgeous side table to our coll...
Monday, July 23, 2007
ZE Interior Designs »
Travel
» Chicago Inspiration
Chicago Inspiration
On my recent trip to Chicago I visited the Merchandise Mart. It was my first time at this major Design Center. It is huge and is said to be the second largest building in the US, The Pentagon is the largest. It also houses the Gift and Home Market showrooms. The Interior Design showrooms are on three of the18(+/-) floors. I had a quick (all day Friday) cruise through the 18th floor and the Main level floor (didn't have a chance to visit the other floor as time didn't permit). Of course I visited my favourite showroom: Michael Taylor as well as many others. I will collect my thoughts and inspirations and do some posts in the week to come. But some of the themes I saw that stick out in my mind right now are: Lucite tables, mirrors & lamps; beautiful scenic & mural wallpapers; wonderful fabrics & Christian Liaigre furniture at Holly Hunt; lots of indoor/outdoor fabrics. In shopping on the "Magic Mile" I did notice fall fashions in black and white hounds tooth check for coats and capes. There is a resurgence of capes for fall (very 80's). Everyone was wearing flats, especially the monogram ones by Tory Burch, and lots and lots of little girls all lovingly carrying their newly purchased dolls from American Girl Doll Company. These dolls are so beautiful. They have old fashioned cloth bodies and beautiful eyes that open and close, and matching outfits can be purchased so the little girls can wear the same clothes as their dolls, or is it the other way around? The average purchase in this store is said to be $400.00. There is lots and lots of selection and inspiration in the Interior Design arena...stay tuned more to come on this.
Labels:
Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment